Tuesday, February 22, 2011

6 Estate Planning Questions

The essential issues your parents will address through estate planning

By Barbara Kate Repa, Caring.com Author

In deciding whether they need to do any estate planning, the key questions your parents should answer are whether there is any property they would like a particular person or charity to receive after their deaths and whether they have strong opinions about their medical care and final arrangements. If so, it's usually wise for them to get some simple documentation in writing to provide legal assurance that those wishes will be enforced.


Specifically, when considering whether to take any steps toward estate planning, your parents should ask themselves:

  1. What are my assets and what is their approximate value?
  2. What people or organizations do I want to have these assets -- and do I wish to give them up during my lifetime or after my death?
  3. Who should manage these assets during my lifetime if I become unable to do so, or after my death if management is needed?

4. Who should be responsible for taking care of any minor or dependent children if I become unable to do so?
5. Who should make decisions about my medical care and finances if I cannot make them?
6. After I die, do I want my remains to be donated, cremated, scattered, or buried?

http://www.caring.com/checklists/estate-planning-questions

"Learn About Senior In Home Health Care in Austin, Texas Senior Helpers Provides Many services in the Austin, Texas area. We provide a full array of Home Care services for seniors and the elderly living in this beautiful area. Our Home Care Services are provided by bonded and insured employees and all employees pass a National Background check. If you need Home Care services in Austin, Bartlett, Bertram, Briggs, Burnet, Cedar Park, Florence, Georgetown, Granger, Holland, Hutto, Jarrell, Johnson City, Killeen, Leander, Liberty Hill, Manor, Marble Falls, Pflugerville, Round Mountain, Round Rock, Salado, Spicewood, Taylor and the surrounding areas we are an excellent choice with impeccable references. Home Health Care for your elderly loved ones is never an easy choice but we can promise we will do our best to make it as painless as possible. From our family to yours we sincerely thank you for considering Senior Helpers of Austin Home Health Care Company. "

No comments:

Post a Comment